Students with top-level grades are eligible, which means a GPA of A on the ECTS scale or equivalent top-level grade on international grade scales. The scholarships cover full tuition for the first year of studies and may be renewed for a second year depending on successful academic progression. International applicants are also eligible for a stipend to contribute to living expenses. All Master of Science programmes are eligible for the BI Presidential scholarships.
Ranking of applicants:
- Applicants with international bachelor degrees will be ranked according to their national GPA scale. In addition, the national GPA will be transferred and assessed in the ECTS scale.
- Other factors that may influence ranking can be other academic, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular achievements and special personal achievements. Certified copies of documents of these achievements and a CV must be presented.
- BI aims for a national and international mix in the student body. Hence, priority may be given to applicants from selected countries or from selected partner schools of BI.
Norwegian Recipients: Scholarships will cover full tuition fees for the first year. The scholarship will be extended to the second year of the programme based on the following conditions set below.
Scholarships will cover full tuition fees and living expenses for the first year. The scholarship will be extended to the second year of the programme based on the following conditions set below. Documentation of financial need for covering living costs must be stated in the financial plan.
Conditions for Second Year:
1. Full study progression (60 ECTS) in the first year.
2. Minimum GPA of a "B" on the BI ECTS scale after completion of the first year (60 ECTS).
The candidates who are awarded the Presidential Scholarship must be prepared to be "BI ambassadors", acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the scholarship contract.
Only new students starting autumn 2017 are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Application deadline is March 1st.