75th year celebration
The anniversary celebration is arranged for our students, alumni, employees, external relations and partners.
Since the school’s foundation in 1943, BI Norwegian Business School has grown to become one of Europe's largest business schools. With approximately 20,000 students we have become a significant educational institution, both in Norway and abroad.
On June 1st, President Inge Jan Henjesand invites employees, and selected guests and alumni to celebrate our 75th anniversary in Oslo City Hall. Here we also appoint new honorary doctors:
- Professor Ajay Kohli, Scheller College of Business, Georgia Tech
- Professor Emeritus Charles Snow, Smeal College of Business, Penn State University
- Professor John Y. Campbell, The Morton L. and Carole S. Olshan Professor of Economics at Harvard University
- Professor W. Robert Knechel, Frederick E. Fischer Eminent Scholar in Accounting, Warrington College of Business Administration, University of Florida
- Professor Trond Petersen, Haas School of Business & Department of Sociology, University of California, Berkeley.
12:15 - 13:00: Cake is served outside Auditorium Finn Øien
13:00 - 13:30: Unveiling of the bust of BI's founder, Finn Øien, outside the main entrance
13:30 - 16:00: All employees, students, alumni and other guests are invited to a series of exclusive short lectures by the honorary doctors and others at BI in Auditorium Finn Øien at Campus Oslo
- Professor John Y. Campbell, “Structuring Mortgages for Macroeconomic Stability”
- Professor W. Robert Knechel, "Who Do You Trust? Auditing and the (Political) Economy"
- Professor Ajay Kohli, "Customer Centricity"
- Professor Trond Petersen, “Family Policies and Gender Equality in Norway 1980-2015”
- Professor Emeritus Charles Snow, “Actor-Oriented Organizations”
19:00 - 20:00: Anniversary ceremony and the awarding of honorary doctorates in Oslo City Hall
- Ceremony host is former artist and politician, Åse Kleveland
- Opening by Mayor of Oslo, Marianne Borgen
- Speech from the President of BI, Inge Jan Henjesand
- Speech from State Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Research, Rebekka Borsch (V)
- Musical performance of violinist Arve Tellefsen
- Musical performance of Åse Kleveland
- Appointment of honorary doctorates
Dress code: formal
20:00 - 21:30: A formal reception in Oslo City Hall
- Time:Friday, 01 June 2018 13:00 - 21:30
- Place:Oslo City Hall
We are hosting the BI 75th anniversary Alumni Reunion at Sentralen, Oslo city center from 18:00 - 02:00.