Public lecture and PhD Defence: Daniel Øgård Kinn
PhD Candidate Daniel Øgård Kinn, Department of Economics, will hold a public lecture and defence of his doctoral dissertation on “Essays in Econometrics” for the degree of PhD in BI Norwegian Business School’s PhD Programme.
10:00 - 11:00: "Machine Learning in Economics. Why, how, pitfalls and future prospects"
12:00 -: The doctoral candidate will publicly defend the doctoral dissertation.
Please be considerate and do not enter or leave during the session. Do not enter if you are late.
The Doctoral Dissertation is available in the library at BI Norwegian Business School. For the disputation, the academic procession will arrive at 12:15 sharp and the public must take their seat before this time.
- Chair: Researcher II Leif Anders Thorsrud, BI Norwegian Business School
- First Opponent: Professor Herman van Dijk, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Second Opponent: Professor Toer Kleppe, University of Stavanger
Professor Christian Brinch, BI Norwegian Business School, has been the candidate´s supervisor.
- Time:Friday, 23 November 2018 10:00 - 15:00
- Place:BI - campus Oslo, Auditorium A2-080
- Contact:BI's PhD Administration (email@example.com)