BI Green Growth Conference
From Limits to Growth to Earth4All
BI, UiO:Energi and MIT Norway have the pleasure of inviting to this year’s green growth conference where we look at what we have learned from 50 years of sustainability research and where we should go from here.
The BI Green Growth Conference has developed to become a central meeting place for those interested in how we can change our practices and our thinking to meet the sustainability challenges both globally and locally
The conference is organized by BI Centre for Sustainability and Energy, which promotes sustainable development through research, teaching and collaboration with academics, businesses, governmental bodies and NGOs. Whether you are immersed in transformational work yourself, critical to the methods used, or curious about current initiatives and the thinking behind them, this conference is for you.
We are meeting physically in BI Nydalen, Oslo. The event is free but requires registration. So save the date. We hope to see you in person, but digital participation is of course also possible.
- Time:Thursday, 19 May 2022 09:00 - 15:30
- Place:BI Campus Oslo, auditorium A1-030 & online streaming
- Enrolment deadline:18.05.2022
- Contact:Marit Sjøvaag (email@example.com)
Registration & coffee/tea
- Marit Sjøvaag
From The Limits to Growth to Earth4All?
We start the day with viewing the future in light of the past, what we have learned in the 50 years since the publication of the ground-breaking booklet The Limits to Growth, and what conclusions we should draw for the future.
- Jørgen Randers, MIT Alumnus & BI Norwegian Business School: From Limits to Growth to Earth4All
- Per Espen Stoknes, BI Norwegian Business School : Giant Leap or Too Little Too Late?
- Jo Thori Lind, University of Oslo: Who should carry the burden of saving the planet?
- Sandrine Dixson-Declève, Club of Rome: Building a movement for action
Moderator: Marit Sjøvaag
Norway: laggard and innovator?
Which role can Norway play in ensuring a sustainable future?
- Bernhard Mauritz Stormyr, VP Sustainability Governance YARA: Growing a nature positive food future
- Hilde Bjørnland, Provost BI Norwegian Business School: The role of research and education
- Dr. Emmanuel Chao, Mzumbe University: A view from Tanzania
Moderator: Bent Erik Bakken, President Sustainability Dynamics and MIT Club of Norway
Finance: laggard and innovator ?
The financial sector is central in steering the distribution of resources – both material and immaterial – globally. What is its real potential, and will it be able to deliver?
- Nanna Matilda Ringstad, Director Sustainability & Climate Change PwC: From financial advisor to sustainability advisor?
- Christa Clapp, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, CICERO Shade of Green: How can the finance sector contribute to climate mitigation?
- Ola Mestad, Professor at UiO and Chaired the Committee reviewing Guidelines for Observation and Exclusion of Companies from the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG): Environment and climate in the Ethical Guidelines for the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global
Moderator: Caroline D Ditlev-Simonsen, Professor BI Norwegian Business School
Innovation: role of research universities
- Henning Hverven, MIT Club of Norway and NextFuel. How spinoffs from MIT -a small university- has created a million well-paying sustainable jobs
- 3 min student pitches
Moderator: Katinka E. Grønli
Will we make it?
Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs, world-renowned economics professor, bestselling author, innovative educator, and global leader in sustainable development, takes questions from the audience