- The idea was to present and discuss the immense impact of Oliver Williamson's research in economics, business and the other social sciences. As seen from my own research perspective, Oliver Williamson is one of the most influential social scientists of our time. His theory has a fundamental influence in business sciences at BI, says Professor Torger Reve at BI Norwegian School of Management.
See a Video of the professor Williamson Lecture here.
Symposium gathered leading professor around the world
The research symposium was lead by Professor Torger Reve at BI Norwegian School of Management.
- Professor George John by Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA,
- Professor Jackson Nickerson - Olin Business School, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA.
- Professor Jean-François Hennart - University of Tilburg, Netherlands
- Professor Gabriel R.G. Benito - BI Norwegian School of Management
- Professor Scott E. Masten - Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Professor Charles Hill - Foster School of Business, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- Professor Claude Ménard - Université Paris 1 Panthéon, Sorbonne
- Professor Birger Wernerfelt - Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA