Every partner school can recruit between 15-20 students each year
The network-master degree, QTEM (Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management), was launched in 2013 and is developed for students with a strong competitive instinct who want to lay the foundation for a career in multinational companies. The objective is for QTEM to be the leading network-master on international rankings.
- The ambition behind the initiative is to make QTEM an appealing program that attracts the best candidates within quantitative sciences. For BI, this is an important initiative, one that is part of the long-term efforts to establish an internationally competitive Master of Science in Business. The admission requirements are high, and the candidates will be closely monitored and advised when planning overseas stays, Dag Morten Dalen, Provost at BI, says.
Each school in the network can recruit up to 15-20 students, and everyone contributes with Corporate Partners. Students who are admitted to this master will first spend a semester at home, then study in two different countries before completing their fourth semester at home.
- We are familiar with the demands that are required from the students at QTEM. This is one of the reasons why we want to be a partner company, BI Alumni Per Skøien, who works in the Boston Consulting Group, one of the partner companies in the QTEM programme, says
He gets support from the Managing Director of Accenture, Thron Berg.
- The complexity of business life has undergone an extreme change over the last 30 years. We are confident that this trend wont slow down and therefore need to connect with competent employees with strong analytical skills, Berg says.
Facts about QTEM
BI’s QTEM partner schools:
- Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management in Belgium
- HEC Lausanne in Switzerland
- Goethe University in Frankfurt
- University of Amsterdam
- LUISS Guido Carli in Rome
- University of Porto in Portugal
- Waseda University in Japan
- Monash University in Australia
- EDHEC in France
BI QTEM Corporate Partners:
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Aker Solutions