"Shaping people and business for an international, digital and sustainable future"
With very respectable results in top international research journals, with promising development on the Financial Times- and the Economist rankings, as holder of the three most prestigious international business school accreditations and with a stronger than ever financial foundation for further development, BI has established itself in the top tier of European Business Schools.
“Shaping people and business for an international, digital and sustainable future”
BI Norwegian Business School will be a leading business school in Europe attracting the best students and excellent faculty, both in terms of research and teaching. The importance of sustainability, the impact of digital technology and the ability to work effectively in an international context will be integrated into all programmes.
Our Mission & Purpose
“At BI, students, academics and business professionals co-create a more sustainable future”
We do this by pursuing academic excellence and shaping future careers and businesses, through internationally acclaimed research, high quality education and close interaction with business and society.
Our Core Values
- Student’s success: We will focus on students learning and expect learning outcomes from our students
- Entrepreneurial mindset: We will nurture a culture of innovation and improvement
- Responsibility: We honor academic values and promote academic integrity and freedom. We contribute to sustainable development and corporate responsibility by working in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and UN Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), and by integrating them into our research, teaching, operations and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Collegiality: We demonstrate collegiality by contributing to an inclusive work environment in which curiosity and interest in each other are valued.
As a leading European business school, BI...
- Advances international research
- Develops attractive and responsible graduates who combine the knowledge and skills to work effectively and successfully in an international and digital workplace
- Contributes to innovation and value creation through sustainable business practices
Attractive Programmes and Quality Graduates
- Integrate sustainability, digitalization,internationalization and business practice into all programs
- Enhance student learning outcome and progression by programme structure and by stimulating active and varied student-centred learning
- Develop a more global mindset in all BI graduates and enhance the overall international learning experience
- Innovate the bachelor portfolio and model
- Broaden master of science
- Strengthen executive and international operations
- We will foster a world-class faculty with significant impact on international research, student learning and business practice
- We will have 2-3 academic research disciplines placed among the best in Europe
- We will improve future teaching and learning practices through greater insight in student learning and systematic pedagogical training and support
- We will prioritize investments in excellent research and researchers, supplemented by externally-funded research aimed at expanding research capacity and productivity
- We will promote a culture of innovation and excellence in performance, by focusing on diversity, inclusiveness, collaboration and supportive leadership practices
- We will support and develop entrepreneurial initiatives, by connecting academia, students and businesses
- We will develop shared, user-friendly and efficient student services that combine self-service and automated solutions, with personal guidance and attention
- We will build a robust digital infrastructure and develop business insights and analytics to strengthen student learning, student recruitment, faculty management and corporate governance
- We will engage with alumni and establish mutually beneficial partnerships with business and industry, and the public sector
- We will increase external funding through scholarships, chaired professors and donations