"Shaping people and business for an international, digital and sustainable future."
BI aspires to further develop the position as an international, leading European business school. The increasing importance of sustainability, digital transformations, and globalisation redefine businesses and disrupt industries. New jobs need to be created and new industries developed. BI will have a central position in this transformation through research and education.
At BI we proud ourselves on being research based, learning oriented and connected. Cutting edge research and close connections to business practice is the foundation for developing relevant and attractive programme offerings. Combined with excellent teaching we develop candidates who go on to have a positive impact on society.
BI aspires to be an international, leading European business school. Leading implies having:
- Develop attractive and responsible graduates who combine the knowledge and skills to work effectively and successfully in an international and digital workplace
- Provide candidates with the best opportunities to maximise their talents and reach their personal goals and aspirations regardless of starting point
- Ensure relevance for students and employers in a life-long learning perspective
- Advances world-leading research and generates knowledge that is recognised in the international academic community
- Has impact on practice in business and society
Professional ties between the school and society through focus on alumni, external relations and the business community that substantially enrich research and programmes
Significant contributions to innovation and value creation through sustainable business practices
At BI, we engage with society to co-create an international, digital, and sustainable future. We fulfill our mission of shaping people and business for an international, digital, and sustainable future, by pursuing academic excellence and shaping future careers and businesses, through internationally acclaimed research, high quality education and close interaction with business and society.
A Culture for Quality
All activities related to quality in programme development and management shall be characterised by transparency, engagement, inclusion and documentation, with the purpose of heightening the quality standards and ensure real participation and co-production of quality.
Our core values
This means that:
- We deliver excellence in education that prepares our students for an international, digital, and sustainable future.
- Education is centred around student learning.
- We use cutting edge technologies to deliver effective and appropriate pedagogy.
- We engage our students in developing our research, programmes, teaching and learning environment.
This means that:
- We promote academic values, academic integrity and freedom, and responsible research assessment.
- We advance international research through international recruitment and research cooperation, through publications in top international journals, and through excellent and relevant external research funding.
- We strive for societal impact by interacting with government, industry, and managers to inspire evidence-based practices that foster advances towards a more sustainable future, encourage and facilitate science-based knowledge and information to reach society through all our activities.
This means that:
- We collaborate for academic excellence and nurture a culture of innovation and improvement.
- We add value for students, businesses, and society.
This means that:
- We demonstrate collegiality by contributing to an inclusive work environment in which curiosity and interest in each other is valued.
- We are respectful of colleagues’ time, contributions, and opinions.
- We work collaboratively while maintaining autonomy.
- We engage in constructive dialogue and contribute to an open, honest and friendly work environment.
BI's strategy 2025
Key characteristics of attractive programme portfolios
BI’s programmes address attractiveness from different stakeholders’ perspectives. This means attractiveness in the eyes of:
- Industry/employers concerned with relevance
- Students concerned with admission, learning environment and outcomes
- Faculty concerned with academic quality, and learning activities
- Society at large, concerned with relevance, and students’ learning environment
- BI concerned with a business model that has long-term viability and sustainability
- Develop cutting-edge research to be channeled into our programmes and to have an impact on society
- Continue to recruit and retain excellent faculty to advance international research that addresses key challenges in society, through high quality publications and through excellent and relevant external research funding
- Implement teaching practices to enhance students' learning outcome and provide inspiring learning experiences
- Integrate digital technology, the support of learning designers and pedagogy in designing courses and programmes
- Strengthen faculty management with clear career paths and development opportunities
- Further develop BI’s faculty resources and align BI’s programme offerings with faculty resources
Framework for developing connectedness
- We will acknowledge the role that organisations operating in the academic, business, and public spheres play in research, education, and value creation
- Involve academics, students, investors, public authorities, and businesses in supporting and developing entrepreneurial initiatives across all sectors of the economy and its governance
- Co-create customised programmes and deliver executive education to advance access to contemporary business insights and two-sided learning connecting people from diverse backgrounds and enabling them to learn with and from one another
The way forward:
- Institutionalise connectedness
- Institutionalise partnerships
- Strengthen alumni relations
Framework for developing operational excellence
- Promote a culture of innovation and excellence in performance, by focusing on diversity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and supportive leadership practices
- Offer high quality support services and increase operational efficiency, through digitalisation, enhanced interaction, and shared practices
- Develop our campuses and operations to support our ambitions on adhering to international climate and environment goals
The strategy was revised March 2022