- You went back to BI for a major in finance. What made you take that decision?
- First of all, I wanted to pursue a career in finance – I liked it and was good at it in school. I enjoyed Norway and thought about starting my career here. Additionally, I needed more international experience, so it was not an option to return home to Tanzania for my Master’s degree. Based on my previous experience, I knew BI would offer high standards in terms of facilities, curriculum, teaching staff and faculty members. Most important, the programmes at BI offer several opportunities, which help students to secure a career after graduation. By choosing BI again, I knew what I could achieve.
- How has your career been?
- My first job was Business Analyst for one of the Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) divisions. In this position I provided analytical insights to the senior management, projects and initiatives, helping them to understand key business drivers and develop potential solutions to improve business performance. Just recently, about three years into my career, I started in a new position as Strategy Analyst Corporate Finance here at WSS. This opportunity has led me to a new arena; contributing to the development of a Finance Transformation roadmap for the entire company.
- What has been the biggest eye opener in your career?
- It is simply communication. Something you never really learn in the classroom, because it is primarily shaped by your personality. Besides one’s talent, competence and background, communication is central for how you manage relationship building, networking and people management.
- What is your best advices for those looking to take further education at BI?
- Keep your options open and follow your passion.
- AGE: 32
- LIVES IN: Oslo
- COMPANY: Wilhelmsen Ships Service
- JOB TITLE: Strategy Analyst Corporate Finance
- WORKS WITH: Corporate Finance
- PROGRAMME AT BI: Bachelor in Business Administration2011 and MSc.Business Economics 2013
- TV-SERIES: House of Cards and Billionares
- BEST ABOUT DAR ESSALAAM, TANZANIA: Vibrant and friendly people ina warm city, full of white sandbeaches. And tasty BBQ food
Reference: Advantage #1/2017 – The magazine for members of BI Alumni