Leader's Toolbox: Big Data and Social Media for Managers
How to analyze the true impact of Big Data and Social Media on Profitability? Associate Professor Matilda Dorotic will separate the unproved buzz from the actual potential to provide leaders with tools to understand the difference.
Discussions of merits and opportunities of social media and big data usage overwhelm managers today. Both, the popular press and academic work buzz with encouragements for managers to plunge into those opportunities. However little evidence has been provided to managers to allow them to evaluate the true potential and see through the buzz.
- How to evaluate the true potential of social media contribution to your business?
- What are the true requirements for successful Internet of things and other big-data investments?
- What are the pitfalls to be cautious about when evaluating the true impact of those investments?
Leader's Toolbox (Lederens verktøykasse) is a series of seminars at BI Norwegian Business School held every last Friday of the month.
- Time:Friday, November 24, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Place:BI - campus Oslo, Nydalsveien 37, auditorium C1-020
- Price:Free participation. Make sure to register as space is limited.
- Contact:Hilde Spæren (alumni@bi)
Registration and light breakfast
Big Data and Social Media for Managers: How to Analyze Their True Impact on Profitability. (lecture in English)
Questions and Answers