Master of Science in Applied Economics – QTEM Masters Network
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate degree
a) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance, or economics.
b) A successfully completed Bachelor's degree with a specialisation (minimum 80 ECTS) in one of the following fields, provided that the combination of courses gives a good foundation for further studies within Applied Economics:
- Political Science
- Quantitative Psychology
- Quantitative Social Science
- Natural Science
- Computer Science
1.2 The Bachelor’s degree must include the following courses (or equivalent):
- Two courses in Economics
- One course in Statistics or Econometrics
- One course in Mathematics
2.0 PROGRAMME SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the entry requirements for all MSc degree programmes, the following requirements must be met:
- a minimum grade of C in courses of particular relevance to the MSc in Applied Economics programme: Economics. Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics
- A competitive GMAT score of 600 (target score of 650 preferred)
3.0 OVERALL ASSESSMENT
In the event an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall assessment of the individual applicant’s admission file, the MSc Admission Committee and/or the Associate Dean may make an offer of admission to an MSc programme. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.
4.0 LIMITED ENROLMENT
QTEM is a limited enrolment programme. The admission requirements are minimum requirements and do not automatically give applicants a right of admission. If the number of qualified applicants is higher than the number of study places available for students from BI Norwegian Business School in the QTEM Master Network, applicants will be ranked by the Dean, QTEM or her/his designate.
Recruitment and Admission Process
- Application deadline is March 1st
- An interview may be required
- Application for the exchange semester will take place in June prior to the beginning of the academic year in August
The admission requirements above are minimum requirements. We recommend that applicants have more knowledge in the areas of methodology and economics.
Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.
In addition to the general admission requirements for all Master of Science degree programmes, each individual MSc programme has specific curricular requirements you must also fulfil to gain admission.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
BI Norwegian Business School prides itself on its rigorous academic curriculum and engaging educational experience with career-minded application of theory.
To succeed in the MSc in Applied Economics – QTEM Master Network programme, applicants need a strong foundation in quantitative methods and economics, exceptional analytical abilities, a global mindset, and a strong work ethic complemented by the ability to adapt to new environments quickly.
Our master’s degree programmes are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Global mindset: willingness to experience new cultures, languages, and life outside their comfort zone as demonstrated through exchange semesters, study abroad, global volunteer experiences, etc.
- Leadership potential: active participation and contribution to extra-curricular activities and volunteer work at school and in the community
- Academic ability: learns, applies knowledge, and improves academic standing over the course of a programme of academic study