Master of Science in Business Analytics – QTEM Masters Network
This page outlines the specific admission requirements for this programme. In addition, you must meet the general requirements for Master of Science.
1. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate Degree
a) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance, or economics
b) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree with a specialisation (minimum 80 ECTS credits) in one of the following, provided that the combination of courses gives a good foundation for further studies within Business Analytics:
- Mathematics or Calculus
- Statistics or Econometrics
- Computing and/or Programming
- Quantitative Marketing
- Business Intelligence
- Quantitative Accounting
1.2 The Bachelor's degree should include the following courses:
- Quantitative subjects (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Research methods, Econometrics, or similar).
2. GRADE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the admission requirements for all MSc degree programmes, applicants to the MSc in Business Analytics QTEM programme require:
- An average grade of B in quantitative courses (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, and Econometrics or Research Methods)
- A competitive GMAT score of 600 (target score of 650 preferred) or the equivalent GRE score. All applicants for QTEM programmes must order an official copy of their GMAT score to be sent to both BI Norwegian Business School (institution code 0529) and to the QTEM Central Office in Brussels (programme code: GMAT). GRE Institution Code: 7365
3. LIMITED ENROLMENT
QTEM is a limited enrolment programme. The admission requirements are minimum requirements and do not automatically give applicants a right of admission. If the number of qualified applicants is higher than the number of study places available for students from BI Norwegian Business School in the QTEM Master Network, applicants will be ranked by the Dean, QTEM or her/his designate.
To succeed in the MSc in Business Analytics - QTEM Masters Network programme, applicants need a strong foundation in quantitative methods, exceptional analytical abilities, a global mindset, and a strong work ethic complemented by the ability to adapt to new environments quickly.
Recruitment and Admission Process
- Application deadline is March 1st
- An interview may be required
- Application for the exchange semester will take place in June prior to the beginning of the academic year in August
The admission requirements above are minimum requirements. We recommend that applicants have more knowledge in the areas of quantitative methods, methodology, and within the field of the chosen major.
Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.