Master of Science in Business Analytics – QTEM Masters Network
1.0 DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
1.1 Undergraduate Degree
a) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in the field of business administration, finance, or economics
b) A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree with a specialisation (minimum 80 ECTS credits) in one of the following, provided that the combination of courses gives a good foundation for further studies within Business Analytics:
- Mathematics or Calculus
- Statistics or Econometrics
- Computing and/or Programming
- Quantitative Marketing
- Business Intelligence
- Quantitative Accounting
1.2 The Bachelor's degree should include the following courses:
- Quantitative subjects (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Research methods, Econometrics, or similar).
2.0 PROGRAMME SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the admission requirements for all MSc degree programmes, applicants to the MSc in Business Analytics QTEM programme require:
- An average grade of B in quantitative courses (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, and Econometrics or Research Methods)
- A competitive GMAT score of 600 (target score of 650 preferred) or equivalent GRE score: 152 Verbal/158 Quantitative. All applicants for QTEM programmes must order an official copy of their GMAT score to be sent to both BI Norwegian Business School (institution code 0529) and to the QTEM Central Office in Brussels (programme code: GMAT).
3.0. OVERALL ASSESSMENT
In the event an applicant does not meet all the minimum requirements, an individual overall assessment will be conducted. Based on an overall assessment of the individual applicant’s admission file, the MSc Admission Committee and/or the Associate Dean may make an offer of admission to an MSc programme. They may approve other documented qualifications to satisfy admission requirements.
4.0. LIMITED ENROLMENT
QTEM is a limited enrolment programme. The admission requirements are minimum requirements and do not automatically give applicants a right of admission. If the number of qualified applicants is higher than the number of study places available for students from BI Norwegian Business School in the QTEM Master Network, applicants will be ranked by the Dean, QTEM or her/his designate.
Recruitment and Admission Process
- Application deadline is March 1st
- An interview may be required
- Application for the exchange semester will take place in June prior to the beginning of the academic year in August
The admission requirements above are minimum requirements. We recommend that applicants have more knowledge in the areas of quantitative methods, methodology, and within the field of the chosen major.
Grades are posted using the ECTS scale.
In addition to the general admission requirements for all Master of Science degree programmes, each individual MSc programme has specific curricular requirements you must also fulfil to gain admission.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
BI Norwegian Business School prides itself on its rigorous academic curriculum and engaging educational experience with career-minded application of theory.
To succeed in the MSc in Business Analytics - QTEM Masters Network programme, applicants need a strong foundation in quantitative methods, exceptional analytical abilities, a global mindset, and a strong work ethic complemented by the ability to adapt to new environments quickly.
Our master’s degree programmes are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Global mindset: willingness to experience new cultures, languages, and life outside their comfort zone as demonstrated through exchange semesters, study abroad, global volunteer experiences, etc.
- Leadership potential: active participation and contribution to extra-curricular activities and volunteer work at school and in the community
- Academic ability: learns, applies knowledge, and improves academic standing over the course of a programme of academic study