Admission Tests and Waivers
Additional standardised tests for applicants who do not hold a bachelor's degree from a Norwegian or Nordic educational institution.
Standardised tests: GMAT or GRE
Applicants must submit results for one of the tests below and achieve the minimum scores indicated:
- GMAT: 600
- GRE: 158 (Quantitative Reasoning) and 152(Verbal)
Language tests: TOEFL or IELTS Academic
Applicants must submit results for one of the tests below and achieved the minimum scores indicated:
- TOEFL: 90 ( internet based test) or 575 (written test) or 233 (computer-based version)
- IELTS Academic: 6.5
- Cambridge Advanced C1
Exemptions and Waivers
The Associate Dean of the MSc programme concerned may exempt applicants from admission requirements such as the GMAT/GRE or TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
No GMAT/GRE or IELTS/TOEFL exemption is automatic. To request a waiver of the requirements, the applicant must submit a waiver application. Deviations from the general exemptions may occur as it is the prerogative of the Associate Dean to grant or decline the exemption.
As a general rule, exemptions are given to the following categories of applicants:
- Graduates with a degree from a partner institution*
- Graduates with a degree from a Swedish, Danish, Finnish or an Icelandic institution
- Achieved a CAT score from India of minimum 90%
- Here is a list of our partner institutions. In addition, a GMAT waiver may be given to graduates from the following institutions, due to special institutional agreements:
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukraine
- Foreign Trade University, Vietnam
- Southwest University, Chongqing, China
To apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver, please download and complete the waiver application form and upload it to your online application.
As a general rule, exemptions for the language test requirements are given to the following applicants:
- Graduates who have two years or more of higher education where the language of instruction was English
- Graduates from a country which is a member of the EU/EEA and/or the Council of Europe/UNESCO-Cepes and have English as the first foreign language taken over a period of at least 7 years in primary school, secondary school and upper secondary education
To apply for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver, please download and complete the waiver application form and upload it to your online application.