Bachelor of Business Analytics
With this three-year programme you will become a specialist in digital analysis techniques applied in a business context, and gain a solid understanding of international business administration.
What will you learn?
This programme is designed to give you substantial hands-on digital skills, teaching you applied programming, data analysis techniques, and data visualisation. You will learn how to use these skills to solve business problems, applying them to specific areas in marketing, finance, and economics. In addition, you will learn international and sustainable business management from both a practical and theoretical standpoint.
- Business. Gain a broad knowledge of how international businesses operate.
- Programming. Learn how to use Python, Matlab, and machine learning to extract, organize, and analyse data from a variety of sources.
- Statistics. Understand how to exploit large data sets to predict future outcomes and to assess the impact of potential decisions.
- Data visualisation. Learn how to present data and analyses to communicate the results of your investigations.
This is a new programme launching August 2019. The description of the programme may be subject to change.
The academic year at BI is divided into two semester, one in the autumn and one in spring. There are exams at the end of each semester. This programme structure provides an overview of which courses you will be taking and when you will be taking them.
- Core courses Courses common across all programmes at BI.
- Programme courses Courses specific to this programme.
- Electives Courses you can choose yourself.
Customise your degree
Gain an advantage in the job market by tailoring your degree. As a Bachelor of Business Analytics student, you can choose either an internship to obtain relevant work experience, or add an international dimension to your degree by going on exchange. You can also customise your degree by choosing from a range of different elective courses.
Gain valuable work experience as part of your study programme.
Any questions about this programme?Call me
Sign up for our newsletter
Boost your international profile during your studies. Choose from one of our partner schools in 47 different countries.
What kind of jobs can you get?
Technology allows us to gather data at an increasingly high rate, and almost every company today has demand for job candidates who are familiar with analytics. Finance, marketing, and consultancies are the most prominent sectors for Business Analytics graduates, but the skills you learn are applicable in a wide range of fields, from logistics to advertising. With your understanding of international business management, you can translate data into actionable intelligence, both in the public and the private sector.
Your degree could lead to a career in:
- Management. Use your data-driven perspective to maximise a business’ performance.
- Analysis. Solve complex business problems with analytical thinking.
- Data science. Work alongside data scientists to find new insights.
- Financial technology. Become part of a promising new field aiming to disrupt traditional banks and financial institutions.
What can you study afterwards?
After completing this programme, you have a range of options to continue your education. You can specialise further with a Master of Science in Business Analytics, branch out to a new field, or expand your horizon with a master in business. At BI, there are a number of options available. In fact, you qualify for every master programme at BI, with the exception of Quantitative Finance and Law and Business. Contact email@example.com for more information.
If you don't fulfil the above requirements, the Pathway Programme is designed to qualify students for admission to a BI bachelor's degree by strengthening students' academic and English skills:
If you are a Norwegian citizen, you are qualified for loans and scholarships from Lånekassen.