The course will give an introduction to project management. The students will be given an understanding of what a project is and a foundation for planning, organizing and controlling projects. The course will further develop the students knowledge about the problems of project work and will, by the help of theory and practical examples, show how to plan, organize, manage and control a project to achieve the goals set.
- What is a project and project work
- Strategy and project management
- Selection and defining the project
- Time planning
- Cost and quality planning
- Organizational structures and teamwork
- Risk management||
- Project leadership and management
- Stakeholder management
- Project control
- Scope management
- Contract administration
- Project completion and success evaluation
Learning outcome knowledge
During the course student shall:
- Obtain knowledge about how to start, plan, organize, manage risk, manage stakeholders, follow up, and terminate a project.
- Understand the role of projects in developing a private or public organization.
- Be familiar with project management language, processes, techniques and methods.
- Understand that there are many different types of projects, which may be treated differently.
- Written exam: 100%