Business Communication - Negotiations and Presentations
The course is relevant for students who believe that their bachelor programme selection may be preparing them for a future in an international business environment. It will enable them to strengthen their skills in two important areas of business communication that must often be carried out in English: (1) negotiations and (2) presentations.
- Business cases and negotiation techniques.
- Introduction to negotiating
- Distributive bargaining
- Principled negotiating
- Criticism of the negotiating theories
- Seven business cases requiring students to negotiate. Each process concluded with discussion/reflection over the negotiation process.
- Introduction to presentations.
- What makes a presentation effective?
- All students develop their own presentation with advice and guidance.
- Dress rehearsal presentation in front of teacher and other students.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.