Part I: Financing
- Long Term Financing
- Debt or Equity?
- Capital Budgeting: APV
- Dividend Policy
Part II: Topics in finance
- Issuing Securities
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Merger and Acquisition Strategy
Learning outcome knowledge
Upon completion of the course, students are required to master tasks such as:
- The capital structure decision; how corporations are financed and how they pay out dividends.
- Why capital structure decisions cannot impact valuation in perfect markets.
- Market efficiency and why efficiency in financial markets is important for these decisions.
- How to issue new debt and equity, and the choice between these two alternatives.
- Computing how taxes and other impediments to perfect markets influence firms' cost of capital.
- The decision of whether to buy or lease-
- Computing option-derived valuations of corporate debt and equity.
- Computing gains and costs from corporate financial management.
- The gains and losses from merger and acquisition activity.
- Risk management and issues in international finance.
- Written exam: 100%