Internal control and accounting organisation
The main topic of the course is to introduce internal control as one of the tools for efficient management control and to discuss challenges when establishing well-functioning accounting routines that focus on controling and compliance in all relevant areas.
- Internal control as a part of corporate governance
- Overall goals related to operations, reporting and compliance
- The COSO model
- The control environment
- Identification and assessment of risk
- Effecient control activities
- IT-related control activities
- Efficient reporting routines and montoring of the systems for intern control
- Accounting legislation compliance
- Other relevant compliance challenges
- Organization of IT projecrs
- Efficient accounting routines in various business processes
- The accountant and controller as advisors
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.