Business Analysis and Calculation in Retailing
The retail trade is an industry undergoing a rapid development and it is characterized by fierce competition. The owners, officers, employees and other interested parties in this trade are dependent on financial control in the individual shop. This requires necessary knowledge and skills in the area of finance and calculation in order to secure reliable operation and future yield.
- Costs and income, including gross and net turnover
- Calculation and pricing, including the contribution method and the full costing method, the calculation column, selective calculation
- Pricing, including price elasticity, price sensitivity, reference price
- Markup, and Markdowns.
- Balance sheet and profit and loss statement, principles
- Gross profit and contribution margin stated in NOK an as a percentage
- Analyses, salary percentage, return on assets (equity and total assets)
- The purchasing budget and the sales budget
- Liquidity planning
- Price strategies. How to fight a price war
- Price discrimination
- Price promotion
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.