Business Development and Digitalisation
In combination with BTH 1141 Bachelor Thesis, Business Development and Digitalisation (15 credits) this course will constitute a specialization of 30 credits. It will be stated on the diploma that it is a specialization. It applies to students on the Bachelor Programme in Economics and Business Administration and the Bachelor Programme in Marketing Management. The course may also be chosen by other students as an elective in their third year of study.
The specialization is intended to give the students in-depth, management-oriented knowledge and understanding of how enterprises may apply modern information and communication technology to strengthen their competitive position. Our perspective is that the right focus and good application of ICT may make enterprises more efficient and constitute an important factor in innovation processes, or form a central element in the products supplied and services provided by the enterprise. Furthermore, we emphasize that the smart use of information technology opens for a more efficient dialogue with the market, not least in connection with the application of e-marketing and WEB shops. The course is intended to provide the students with an understanding of the problems that are important in connection with the management of IT drives that support business utilization of information technology through the implementation of an IT strategy.
The students are to learn how digital business processes are developed, improved and utilized. The students are also to learn how digital business processes work together with knowledge processes in an organization and between organizations. The students are to learn how business strategy interacts with the strategic use of IT in an optimal way for digital enterprise development.
Business systems, procurement and implementation
- Enterprise architecture, business architecture and IT architecture
- Business system categories such as CRM, ERP, e-commerce etc.
- System suppliers and their strategies
- From needs analysis to contract
- From contract to efficient application (business systems in use)
- Cloud Computing, the Internet possibilities and limitations
- Mobile Computing
Electronic business operations, logistics and sale
- Central concepts related to electronic business operations
- Clarification of concepts as regards E-Commerce, E-Business, E-Collaboration
- Discussion of the concept Business-to-Business versus Business-to-Consumer
- WEB shops, architecture for efficient e-commerce
- PIM (Product Information Management)
- E-marketing and campaign management
- The use of social media in marketing and sales
- Business Intelligence (Analytical CRM)
IT strategies and IT-management
- Value configurations & value chain integration
- IT-Strategy development and implementation
- Knowledge management
- System development
- Change Management
- Examples of enterprises
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.