Business Development & Innovation Management
Much of an organization's value creation - and certainly most of its competitive advantage - comes from innovation. Innovation can happen through changes in technology - how an organization does things - or in business models - how it gets paid. This course will explore theories and cases of innovation and technology evolution within a strategic context, as well as the more theoretical concepts of dynamic organizational capabilities.
- Technology evolution and technology history
- Disruptive and sustaining technologies/innovations
- Entering new markets with technology
- Linking strategy and innovation
- Building strategic innovation capability
- Technology market structure and evolution
- Componentization and integration
- Industry structures and competitive environments in eBusiness
- Electronic markets and market facilitators
- Technology implementation and institutionalization
- The politics of technology and innovation
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.