Excerpt from course description
- GRA 8507
- 5 Credits
This course is part of the Executive Master of Management in Energy in cooperation with BI Norwegian Business School and IFP School.
Todays competitive environment and disruptive nature in the energy industry places great demands on a companys ability to understand the commercialization process. The relationship between organizational conduct, optimal decision-making and value generation is critical for many companies.
- The decision context and decision biases
- Value generation model
- The connection between strategy, competitive advantage, quality and financial goals.
- Profit versus net present value
- Cash flow analysis
- How to handle tax in specific decisions
- The value of real options
- Risk analysis for diversified and non-diversified investors/owners.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.