The course combines consideration of realistic decision-making problems with theory and methodologies in building and solving spreadsheet models. Examples from finance, marketing, supply chain and other business areas illustrate management science applications and solutions methods using spreadsheet tools widely used in most of the organizations.
- Introduction to Spreadsheet Modeling.
- Introduction to Optimization and Linear Programming Models.
- Modeling and solving LP problems and sensitivity analysis.
- Network Models.
- Optimization Models with Integer Variables.
- Mixed-Integer Optimization
- Solution methods: Simplex and Evolutionary Solver.
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Introduction to Simulations
- Multiobjective Decision Making.
- Inventory and Supply Chain Models.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.