This course will in combination with the bachelor thesis, 15 credits, amount to a 30 credits specialization in Digital Marketing.
Marketing is changing. Customer journeys create new digital touchpoints online, in social media and on mobile platforms. New technology gives marketers access to new tools and creates new challenges. This course provides a basic introduction to digital marketing, digital strategy, operative implementation of digital tools in marketing, digital media channels and analytics. The goal is that students should get an overview of digitalization in markets and society, and understand what digital marketing is all about. Moreover, students will plan, execute and analyze digital marketing activities. The course provides both knowledge of digital marketing and practical skills using basic tools.
The students will participate in several practical seminars related to the development of photo and video production, with the aim of starting their own Instagram / TikTok / Snapchat campaign.
Important topics in the course:
• Omnichannel marketing and collaboration between digital channels
• AI and big data and its impact on the customer experience
• Digital marketing channels; social media, mobile, voice and image search, advertising, email marketing, viewing, etc.
• Micro and macro perspectives on digital marketing - digital customer trips, co-creation, user-generated content, competitive arenas and changes in societal that affect markets and marketing
• Digital strategy - how to plan and implement a digital campaign
• Digital storytelling and sensory marketing; how to engage the customer digitally; new segmentation strategies
Create digital content through understanding how images, video and content affect the consumer
• Analysis and evaluation - effects of digital marketing, as well as ethics and data integrity
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.