Elective Course in Quantitative Analysis
The course is an extension of the compulsory course "Research Methods and Thesis Writing (MAN 2519).
The course covers the process from planning a survey to analysis of survey data.The firs part part focus on the survey planning and development; i.e. study design. The second part is a hands-on workshop in the use of statistical techniques and procedures to analyse survey data with SPSS.
- Justification and consequences of quantitative research methods
- research problem and design
- data collection and analysis
- Formulation av research problem
- From research problem to survey intrument
- Design of a survey instrument
- Survey-baes data collection
- Analysis of quantitative data
- procedures and processes
- analytical techniques
- interpretation of results
- Using SPSS for data analysis
- Introduction to SPSS and the SPSS simulator
- Validating the survey instrument
- Data reduction
- Standard analysis
- Advanced analysis
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.