Entrepreneurship and Business Development (EntBev)
Entrepreneurship and Business Development is about the actual process of starting and growing a new business. Knowledge and tools related to the entrepreneurial process, including leadership, market segmentation and business modelling, are central to the successful development of profitable new companies. This course will provide the students with models and tools for developing and scaling start-up companies, as well as practical experience in developing a convincing business plan. Methods related to the “Disciplined Entrepreneurship” approach will be central. Through the course, students may prepare an application to the STUD-ENT through the Norwegian Research Council, and a presentation / pitch.
An active learning form is introduced through student presentations, problem solving, discussions, practical exercises including interviews with end users, customers and key partners.
- Motivation, commitment and team
- Market segmentation and "Beachhead" market
- Product Specification and Value Proposition
- Core and Competitive Position
- Customers Decision-Making
- Process of Acquire a Paying Customer
- Business Modell
- Pricing Framework
- Sales Process to Acquire a Customer
- Minimum Viable Business Product (MVBP)
- Developing a Product Plan
- Entrepreneurial leadership and coaching
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.