Financing Creative Indutries
The course will provide an introduction to private and public funding forms in general, and provide particular emphasis on cultural sponsorship. Students will be introduced to key concepts and theoretical approaches within these fields, and the material will be contextualised from a historical perspective.
- Financing of creative industries past and present
- Theoretical perspectives on the relationship between culture and capital, art and commerce, culture and industry
- The market as a financing principle
- Cultural sponsorship as a form of financing
- Public financing forms
- The business market for the creative industry
- Crowdfunding as a new form of financing
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.