The course will provide an introduction to how the arts are generally funded with a specific focus on cultural sponsorship. The course gives an introduction to the relationship between arts and business. The student will be given a historical perspective on key concepts and theoretical approaches within these areas.
- Introduction: Why culture and capital now? A contextual view on the contents of this course
- Theoretical perspectives on the relationship between culture and capital, art and commerce as well as culture and business
- Recent and past financing strategies in the culture sector
- The market: financial motives and obstacles
- Art sponsorship as a financing source in the culture sector
- Art sponsorship as a business marketing strategy
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.