Foundations of Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship
This course introduces students to frameworks of understanding concepts and principles in innovation theory and research. The course aims at providing an understanding of the different aspects of the innovation process at the firm level and its relationship with economic growth and welfare.
- Role of innovation at the macro level
- Processes of innovation at the firm level
- Innovation Models and Processes
- Capabilities for Innovation
- Absorptive capacity
- Types of innovation
- Exploration and Exploitation
- Innovation Networks and process perspectives on innovation
- Value Creation and Value Capture
- Management of Innovation
- Innovation Policy
- Several frameworks for innovation policy (including Systems of innovation)
- Seminar and group exercise at the Norwegian Research Council (with students from other institutions)
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.