Household Insurance Claims Handling
The course gives in-depth coverage of most areas both private and corporate within household insurance claims handing. The course is compulsory for those needing a licence for household insurance claims handling. The course also provides in-depth coverage of particular issues that are important for this business area.
Insurance terms for the following private insurances: house-owner, home, holiday cottage, construction and fire insurance as well as insurance for particular valuables
- The terms provisions concerning who the insurance applies to: insured party, spouse, co/habitant/member of household/shared housing, pledgee, provisions concerning separation/divorce
- The terms provisions on where the insurance applies: geographical limitations, outside fire and theft insurance, etc.
- Provisions concerning what is included, which involves defining what is meant by the building.
- The provisions on what damage that is covered: all perils at risk incl. natural hazards and the connection between perils at risk and safety regulations.
Conditions for the following insurances for SMEs: shop, company, office, housing cooperative, house-owner, building, agricultural and fire insurance.
- See item on private insurances (above)
Important provisions for claims settlements
Calculation of damages on buildings
Calculation of damages on household effects
Calculation of damages on other items
Own risk/new-for-old deduction
Principles for calculating damages from interruptions, loss of rent payments, interest policy for business
Agreements between companies
Pledgee guarantee pool/Settlement agreement between companies
Recourse agreement on fire damage to cars in car repair shops
Common terms for claims settlements
- Requirements to and assessment of appraisal report
- Construction calculation system, etc.
- Various forms of settlement
- Appraisal/controlled bill/tender/estimate/pursuant to agreement
- Damage reorganizing (RVR) immediate measures/risk preventive measures/disruption
Secured 3rd party pursuant to law and agreement
- Intent/gross negligence by the secured
Notice of reduction of claim
Committee procedure in practice (how complaints are handled)
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.