Insurance Economics 1
The course is primarily intended for employees who have worked in the insurance business for a while but may also be useful for younger managers and trainees. The course will be relevant for decision-makers and advisers both in the insurance industry and for users of insurance services in public or private enterprises. It will be particularly useful for employees in accounting departments. The course is compulsory for Risk and Insurance
- - Trends changes, the insurance company as part of a financial conglomerate
- - General parameters for insurance companies activities (capital backing, capital adequacy requirements, regulations, performance management)
- - Asset management and capital requirement, Investment risk and insurance risk
- - Profit and loss account and balance sheet, Basic accounting principles, Valuation rules
- The requirements for annual accounts and the annual report, - Reinsurance
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.