The purpose of the course is to give an introduction to the management of finance for a firm operating internationally. The globalization and internationalization of financial and product markets expose all firms to new and different types of risk, as well as new instruments to deal with these risks. As a consequence of this, the firm's investment and financing decisions need to be modified. The objective of the course is therefore to study and understand how corporate financial management is affected by, and can take advantage of, international economic environments.
- Globalization and the firm
- Understanding exchange rates
- International financial markets
- Investing in financial assets internationally
- Measuring and managing a firms exposure to the exchange rate
- Direct foreign investment by MNCs
- Political risk when undertaking direct foreign investment
- Multinational capital budgeting
- Multinational cost of capital
- Taxation and the MNC
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.