Globalization affects all firms, also those operating in their home markets. Understanding this development is important for judging changes in the competitive situation and for new opportunities and threats. In this course, we treat this development, develop theoretical insight into what demands this development poses for the firm's organization, and develop an understanding of alternative market strategies.
- Globalization, the international economic, political, social and technological environment, and analysis of the external marketing environment.
- International market research and information sources.
- The internationalization theory and the analysis of the internal international company culture, resources and capabilities of the firm.
- International marketing strategy and competitiveness development.
- International market selection
- International entry modes and sourcing.
- International product strategy, pricing, and market communication.
- Control and implementation of international marketing activities.
- Analysis and discussion of practical cases.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.