Students taking this course cannot also take GRA 6833 Corporate and Global Strategies
The course is structured around two main themes:
- Explaining the international firm (Why and Where)
- Theories about choice and change of Foreign Operation Methods (How - FOMs). Hereby presenting and discussing FOMs different modes, modes combination, mode dynamics, articles, and relevant cases.
The following subjects will be covered:
- Firm internationalization why and where (economic, strategic, and behavioral perspectives)
- Export operations
- Foreign direct investment
- Contract operations
- Mode dynamics, outsourcing and offshoring
- Mode combinations and configurations
- Choice of FOM in a strategic perspective
- Exits and de-internationalization
- Strategy and organization
- International activities and ethical dilemmas
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.