Introduction to Norwegian and international retail
The retail trade is one of Norways largest business sectors. It consists of a number of industries with a total of several hundred thousand employees. It is the largest employer in almost all the counties in the country. The industry is undergoing a rapid development both nationally and internationally. Today the retail trade is characterized by large entities exposed to fierce competition. In order to be profitable, therefore, it is dependent on efficient and lean operation.
- Retail trade in Norway
- Wholesale trade in Norway
- The import of merchandise
- The export of merchandise
- International retail trade
- The relationship between industry and trade
- Trading trends, shopping centres, downtown retail
- The social responsibility of the retail trade
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.