This course provides a solid understanding of modern investment analysis by highlighting distinguishing features of financial securities such as stocks and bonds, where and how the securities are traded, and how they may be combined into portfolios of securities. While decision-making is emphasized in this course, it is preceded by careful valuation of bonds and stocks, assessment of how much capital to allocate to each type of security, and how risk management instruments may be used to amend unhedged portfolios' exposure to market risk.
- Bond Valuation and Term Structure of Interest Rates
- Bond Portfolio Management
- Stock Valuation Models
- Financial Data Analysis: Estimates of Stocks' Expected Rates of Return and Risk
- Portfolio Theory and Capital Asset Pricing Models
- Financial Derivatives Amending Portfolio Exposure to Market Risk
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.