The main objective of the course is to familiarize students with the research-based literature on managing the mulitnational firm. The aim is to provide an understanding of the challenges and complexities involved in coordination and control of activities and resources in multinational firms.
The course addresses the following themes:
- International strategy implementation
- Managing international alliances, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions
- Headquarter-subsidiary roles and relationships
- Staffing and managing MNEs
- Learning and knowledge transfer in MNEs
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.