Mathematical analysis is an advanced math course that is based on the first-year course in mathematics.
Chapter references to Sydsæter et. al:
- Multivariable optimization problems for functions of several variables: Ch. 13.1 - 13.6
- Constrained optimization (general Lagrange problems): Ch. 14.1-14.4, 14.6, 14.7
- Implicit differentiation: Ch. 7.1,7.2, 12.1-12.3
- Linear and polynomial approximations. Differentials: Ch. 7.4, 7.5, 12.8, 12.9
- Elasticity: Ch. 7,7, 11.8
- Homogeneous functions: Ch. 12.6
- Non-linear programming: Ch. 14.8, 14.9
- Systems of equations: Ch. 12.10, 15.1
- Gaussian elimination: Ch. 15.6
- Matrix and vector algebra: Ch. 15.1 - 15.5, 15.7
- Determinants and inverse matrices: Ch. 16.1 - 16.8
- Integration: Integration by parts and integration by substitution: Ch. 9.4 9.6
- Differential equations: Ch. 9.8, 9.9
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.