Excerpt from course description
- ELE 0776
- 7.5 Credits
Mathematical analysis is an advanced math course that is based on the first-year course in mathematics.
Due to the Corona situation, BI Norwegian Business School has decided that the exam in this course will be changed in the autumn of 2021. The course this autumn will be evaluated with a home exam which counts 100%. This will be assessed as pass / fail.
Chapter references to Sydsæter et. al:
- Multivariable optimization problems for functions of several variables: Ch. 13.1 - 13.6
- Constrained optimization (general Lagrange problems): Ch. 14.1-14.4, 14.6, 14.7
- Implicit differentiation: Ch. 7.1,7.2, 12.1-12.3
- Linear and polynomial approximations. Differentials: Ch. 7.4, 7.5, 12.8, 12.9
- Elasticity: Ch. 7,7, 11.8
- Homogeneous functions: Ch. 12.6
- Non-linear programming: Ch. 14.8, 14.9
- Systems of equations: Ch. 12.10, 15.1
- Gaussian elimination: Ch. 15.6
- Matrix and vector algebra: Ch. 15.1 - 15.5, 15.7
- Determinants and inverse matrices: Ch. 16.1 - 16.8
- Integration: Integration by parts and integration by substitution: Ch. 9.4 9.6
- Differential equations: Ch. 9.8, 9.9
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.