This is a basic course in mathematics. The course is a compulsory part of the bachelor programs in business administration subjects. The course will be carried out during the first year over two terms. The first term will contain basic algebra, functions with one variable, and will give a basis for the main part of the course, which is in the second term.
- Elementary algebra and solution of equations and equation systems
- Function concept and basic functions as polynomial functions, rational functions, exponential and logarithmic functions
- Differentiation and function analysis: limits, continuity, derivatives, derivatives of composite functions, application of differentiation in economic issues, analysis of functions, elasticity
- Series and financial mathematics
- Easy integration
- Functions of several variables: partial derivatives, stationary points. Maximum and minimum problems for two variables with and without constraints (Lagrange method)
- Determinants and solutions of equations using Gauss-elimination.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.