- MBA 2434
- 4 Credits
In its essence management is about getting things done through people and human resources. This course addresses how organizations can and actually do manage human resources at strategic, tactical, and operational levels. The course will expose the participants to current trends in research and practice of human resource management by engaging them in both practice-oriented experiential learning as well as evidence-based approach towards HRM.
- Pre-work: Groups prepare videos on selected HRM topics
- Intro: Contextualizing HRM
- Research and practice trends in HRM
- HRM and organizational performance
- Talent management
- Work engagement, job design and HRM
- HR internationalization, expats and culture
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- Performance management, compensation and feedback systems
- Employee retention and turnover
- Role of HR as change agents in digital transformation
- Innovative HRM and HRM for innovation
- Stepping in the shoes of an HR manager - Digital HR and data analytics (online simulation)
- Follow-up: Individual exam (case analysis)
2 of the teaching hours in this course are dedicated to CSR, ethics, social and environmental issues.
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.