Methods and Econometrics
The course provides an introduction to the research methods of social sciences, and to econometrics, from a business-economics perspective.
- Research methods and hilosophy of science
- Research questions, hypotheses and types of data
- Variation in research design, plurality of interpretation and the uncertainty of inference
- Simple and multiple regression
- Variation in functional form
- Regression with qualitative right-hand side variables via dummies
- Analysis of categorical variables
- Dynamic analysis
- Model selection
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.