The course will give a broad introduction to the topic motor vehicle insurance. Mandatory in authorization of claims handlers dealing with motor vehicle damages and insurance advisors regarding private property insurance.
The Insurance Contract/ The Insurance Contracts Act
- Regulation regarding formation of contract, premium rating and claims handling. Duty of disclosure, Insurance certificate, limitations, limitation period/ cancellations, complaint handlings, complaint boards, fraud.
Terms regarding Motor Insurance
- Terms regulation regarding who is insured, what is insured, where is the insurance valid.
- Terms regulation regarding what kind of damages is covered/not covered, limitations, special types of coverage.
- Regulations regarding claims handling.
Motor vehicle liability
- Motor Vehicle liability Act.
- Rules and regulation.
- Limitations and regulations regarding damage caused by unknown or uninsured vehicle.
- Rules and regulations regarding accomplish liability by the claimant and regulation regarding collisions.
Ratings and risk factors regarding Motor Insurance
- Central principles of rating, including rating of due to location, mileage, minimum age- high risk, types of insurance and safety measures.
- Elements of risk regarding liability insurance and comprehensive insurance. -Calculation of premium .
- Bonus scheme, methods of bonus allocation.
- Philosophy of loss preventioni
- Road safety
Leisure boat insurance
- Terms, regulations and ratings
- Standard policy conditions
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.