Logistics and operations management requires a good knowledge of methods and concept for optimising cost and service levels. Through the methods, also an understanding in operational decisions and their impact will be given.
Students participating in this course will gain an understanding of the management of logistics operations. Emphasis will be on various methods for optimising supply chains, and how they can be implemented in the real world.
- Introduction to models and concepts in logistics operations
- Understanding the supply process and capacity evaluation process
- Estimating and reducing labour cost:
- A process perspective
- Batching and flow interruptions:
- Optimising the flow through a supply chain:
- Requirements of forecasting
- Static forcasting
- Adaptive forecasting
- Cycle stock
- Inventory management with multiple products.
- Discount schemes
- Joint optimisation for supplier and customer
- Safety stock
- Optimal service levels
- Aggregate planning
- Pricing and revenue management
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.