Organisational Behavior and Entrepreneurial Leadership
Entrepreneurs and corporate innovators face significant leadership and organizational challenges such as recruiting and leading an entrepreneurial team, leading explorative and experimental work on a shoestring budget, and building an organization from scratch. Successful entrepreneurship requires an understanding of these challenges and a set of leadership skills to overcome them. Furthermore, different entrepreneurial efforts and corporate innovation projects may face distinct challenges and require differentiated skillsets. The course will give students knowledge and understanding of theory and practice of leadership and organizing in entrepreneurial settings and prepare them for careers in start-ups, scale-ups, and corporate innovation efforts.
The course covers the following topics:
- The leadership capabilities of an entrepreneur: start-ups, scale-ups, and corporate innovation and the different leadership capabilities they require
- Building a team and leading people
- Decision making in entrepreneurial settings
- Leading and organizing innovative projects: introduction to Agile, Lean Startup, rapid prototyping, and Design Thinking methods
- Organizing start-ups, scale-ups, and corporate innovation: the fundamentals of organization design
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.