Organizational Development and Change
Organizational learning and the leader or consultant as change agent
Teams, departments and organizations are continually facing new challenges. Leaders as well as experts are expected to act as change agents and facilitators. The key challenge is to develope teams and organizations which are flexible enough to adapt to challenges by incremental learning processes. This course focus especially on the different stages of the learning process," step by step". Distinct success criteria and pit-falls in change prosesses are highlighted.
Building a platform for change
- Challenges and possibilities facing teams, departments and organizations today
- Paradoxes and dilemmas in change processes
- Innovation and revitalization of organizations. Identifying and influencing organizational culture
- Realization and living the new organizationa culture
The change process
- Stages in a change process. The importance of flexiblilty
- Making a diagnosis: Identifying and analysing the organization or department
- Goal: Specifying the ideal/wanted situation
- Planning and implementation: Grounding the change process. Information, communication, involvement and committment
Tools and strategies
- Tools, techniques and methods for implementing the change process. Evaluation, learning and rewards
- Obstacles to change. Stategies for overcoming obstacles
- Success criteria and pit-falls in change processes. Prerequisites and strategies for succeeding
- Tool-kit for change work
- Evaluation of change
- The role of consultants and change agents. An alternative consulting style
- Continual development and change in organizations. Learning as" step-by-step processes"
- Future trends: Organization development and change in the years to come
- Developing oneself as a change agent
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.