- ORG 3650
- 7.5 Credits
Qualitative methodology is essential to understand and describe organizations and leadership. A precondition to maintain, develop and change an organization, is knowledge of what characterizes the current situation. Insight into qualitative methodology is essential not only to develop knowledge of an organization, but also to evaluate the quality and premisses of this knowledge. Qualitative methodology is also useful to understand and develop the role as helper, advisor and change agent in an organization.
- Introduction: Qualitative methodology - what, why, when?
- Qualitative methods: What characterizes important qualitative research methods?
- Analysing: How to analyse qualitative data material?
- Quality: What characterizes good qualitative research?
- The expert role: What does it take to act as a helper, advisor, internal consultant, external consultant and change agent in an organization? What is expertise?
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.