The course is a basic introduction to howthe government communicate with its public, and how the public communicate with political and governmental decision-makers.
Part 1: Election campaign communication
- The Norwegian party system
- How politicians communicate with the electorate
- Political campaign communication
Part 2: The Storting, public administration, government relations and lobbying
- How public management is organized in Norway
- Interaction between public administration and the political sector
- The role of citizens: The right to knowledge
- Information- and communication strategies for public administration
- The role of the Storting and how it works
- The relaytionship between the governmental administration, the Cabinet and the Storting
- Governmental communication policy
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.