Practical Managerial Accounting and Control
This course is split in two parts. The first part build upon BØK 3434, Managerial accounting and finance, and focuses on accounting structures, cost behavior and budgeting models. The second part concentrate on more contemporary management control systems with The Balanced Scorecard, Activity Based Costing and Lean.
Part 1: Understanding accounting and budgeting (50%)
- Financial accounting structures and how actions turn into accounting transactions
- Cost concepts and cost allocation dilemmas
- Methods of financial statement analysis
- Income statement budgets
- Cash flow budgets
- Balance sheet budgets
Part 2: Control and measurement of the value creation processes (50%
- Making strategy operational and executable, critical success factors, KPIs and strategy mapping
- Using Balanced Scorecards to evaluate strategy implementation and as tool to allocate operational resources
- Income and cost relevance
- The analysis of activity, activity costing and calculation costs of excess capacity
- Lean philosophy and lean principles
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.