Price is the factor that most strongly affects companies' earnings. At the same time, companies lack employees with formal expertise on price decisions.
Competence on price decisions gives a competitive advantage in the job market because it is relevant for all types of companies and industries.
This course in pricing decisions guides students through a pricing process where they will analyze and develop a pricing strategy for a company of their choice. The industries they choose can range from entrepreneurs and start-ups, service and services, B2B, health and wellness, culture and creative actors, global markets, technology, e-commerce, the sharing economy, and environment and green products, to name a few. The work with price decisions gives students insight into tools needed to work analytically and systematically with price development in any company.
- Objectives for the pricing strategy
- VTC analyzes of pricing strategies
- Conjoint analysis and Van-Westendrop-model
- Variation in the willingness to pay based on the properties of the products
- Variation in the willingness to pay based on customers' characteristics
- Price wars
- Price as a tool in the field of environment and sustainability
- Price tactics, sales and discounts
- Price calculations
- Price manipulation and ethical pricing
- E-commerce and pricing in digital markets
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.