Project Management 1
Bachelor Program in Project Management consists of three courses, where each course builds on the previous one. It is taken as a prerequisite that the students follow the progression through the program (Project Management 1 before Project Management 2, and Project Management 1 and 2 before Project Management 3). After completion of all three courses the program will be accepted as a 30 credits Bachelor program. This course deals with the following key aspects: establishment of projects, projects goals, frames and structures, planning, organizing and project governance. Both classical stage gate models and agile execution methdologies are prsented as well as aspects of how digitalization affects project work and management.
In addition to the regional colleges, Center of Distance Education will offer this program to.
The courses of the program:
BIK 6600 Project Management 1 (PL 1): 7,5 credits
BIK 6601 Project Management 2 (PL 2): 7,5 credits
BIK 6510 Project Management 3 (PL 3): 15 credits
- Project concept (characteristics of a project, pitfalls of project work, daily project work)
- The goals and limitations of a project
- Project planning, with focus on milestone planning
- Project organizing (actors and responsibilities, the functioning of the project organization, responsibility charts)
- Project control (methods for project control, project control on different levels, project monitoring)
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.