This course is held in english, and is a paralell to BIK 6600. If students can follow lectures in Norwegian, they can combine this course with BIK 6601 Project Management 2 (PL 2): 7,5 credits and BIK 6510 Project Management 3 (PL 3): 15 credits.
The bachelor program in project management consists of three courses, where each course builds on the previous one. Students should follow the progression through the program (Project Management 1 before Project Management 2, and Project Management 1 and 2 before Project Management 3). When all three courses of the program are completed, they are seen as equal to the 30 credits bachelor program or as an optional specialization in the bachelor program.
Center of Distance Education will offer this program.
- Project concept (characteristics of a project, pitfalls of project work, daily project work)
- The goals and limitations of a project
- Project planning, with focus on milestone planning
- Project organizing (actors and responsibilities, the functioning of the project organization, responsibility charts)
- Project control (methods for project control, project control on different levels, project monitoring)
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.